Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grocery list and menu

I get asked often what groceries I buy and what meals do I fix? Here are some groceries I buy.

- skinless boneless chicken breast
  or whole chickens for roasting
- ground turkey lean
-lean pork loin
- lean beef (Mike has to have his red meat)
-  light or non-fat yogurt
- nonfat cheese
- nonfat sour cream
- I can't believe it's not butter
- Smart start sticks
- eggs 3 dozen for 2 wks
- Mrs. Bairds country 100% whole wheat
  and sandwich thins/bagel thins whole wheat tortillas
- Mission
- whole wheat flour
- sugar in the raw
- brown sugar
-agava nectar
- honey
dark chocolate chips
- Mortons light salt and sea salt
- Mrs. Dash ( many flavors to choose from) other unsalted herbs
- a good olive oil (not the most expensive but not the cheapest) 
- canned tomatoes, petite diced, crushed, sauce (I always keep these around for sauces and soups)
- canned beans, black, kidney, pinto...NOT baked beans and always rinse your beans.
-Low salt/fat chicken and beef broth
- fresh veggies and fruits , frozen is ok, no canned
-garlic clove
 

Here are meals we normally have.
- Homemade breakfast burritos w/turkey sausage and veggies
- homemade breakfast sammies w/ egg, cheese, bacon and veggies
-whole grain low fat cereal (measure servings) and skim milk
- leftover roasted chicken sandwich for lunch w/ carrot sticks and a yogurt
- leftover grilled chicken on butter lettuce veggie salad w/ fat free balsamic vinaigrette, fruit and homemade bread
- barilla whole wheat pasta, homemade tomato sauce w/ ground turkey, tossed salad, homemade bread with olive oil rubbed with garlic clove.
-Grilled turkey, beef, or deer burgers
Mike and Nash love to hunt, we love venison. It is very lean and full of vitamins.
-Chicken and beef fajitas made with my own seasonings, not from a packet. Served with all the veggies and guacamole and tostitos.
-Tacos ( my seasoning) same as above
- crockpot lasagna
- homemade low fat potato soup, chicken posole, chicken noodles
- smoothies
- popcorn
-apples or celery with peanut butter
-rice cakes with nutella Yum!

Portion and serving sizes are important!!!

Ok, I'm getting hungry! I could go on and on, as you can see everything is normal food I just made it healthy. There has been a few disasters we won't talk about but if I'm not sure or want a new idea I just google it...It's that simple. A recipe site usually pops up and I fine what I want with all the nutrition info. Alright, enough for now, I have to eat some lunch I'm starving!

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment