Friday, October 14, 2011

Comfort Foods

Mashed potatoes with gravy, mac & cheese, fried chicken, chicken fried steak, piled high apple pie, ice cream and I can't forget my mamma's famous stuffing. All these these foods, and then some, we are raised and taught to know them as "comfort food". Well, it's those "comfort foods" that helped to make me obese. understand it wasn't only the food. It was the choices I made of the amount I took in and how often I indulged but these foods are not healthy choice to make unless we make them in a healthy way.

I am often asked do I miss certain foods or crave this or that? I don't miss anything because I don't say I can't have anything....I choose not to have it. It's all in how we look at food and how it makes us feel. To be honest, when I was obese and eating unhealthy, I didn't feel good. I didn't feel good about what I cooked when I ate or after I ate it. I was usually miserable, tired and had no desire to do anything. Not only was it hurting me but my husband and kids as well. Don't get me wrong the food tasted great. Not to toot my own horn but I can rock it in the kitchen.

Now when I cook I know it's healthy. I know that what I'm putting in my body is good for me and it's good for my family. Sure I've eliminated some things from our pantry and exclude choices when we eat out...like; fried foods, breaded food, white flour, white sugar just to name a few. It's all about change to make a difference. If we don't change things will stay the same. If we change for a     little while, see results, then go back to what we were doing, we go back to where we were. That is why diets don't work! It's a life change that works!!

It's a small sacrifice for a life change.
It's a small sacrifice to have energy again.
It's a small sacrifice to get your life back.

                         It's a small sacrifice to save your life.

Comfort is knowing that the food I choose to put in my body is not going to make me overweight or obese again. That through God's Strength this experience has and is changing my life. Sure I loved the taste and enjoyed the food of my past but thinking back I don't believe it really comforted me. Not like the comfort of success and Victory I feel now.

Remember- You have to CHANGE Your life to CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment