Saturday, July 10, 2010

Body vs. Car

Instead of using food for comfort, I had to see it as survival. Like goin' to the bathroom so your body doesn't explode or drinkin' water so you don't dehydrate. It's what your body has to have to take care of it. You don't let the gas run out of your car at the pump and you don' t over fill your motor with oil. That would be wasteful and it would ruin your engine. This is the mindset I got into; not to waste, overindulge, or make bad choices.

When I over ate it made my stomach bigger which made me more hungry which made me eat more and made me hungry more often. The cycle never stops. When you add bad choices to that you get bad results; low energy, weight gain, muscle loss, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

Most of the bad choices I made, even when I thought I was eatin' healthy, was pre-packaged food. They are full of sodium which is a huge contributor to weight gain. Like a frozen "not so Healthy" dinner or a can of soup for a quick lunch or dinner. Gettin away from white flour and sugar had a huge impact on my health and weight loss.

I also looked at the food I was puttin' in my body. Not only was it bad for me it was bad for my family and it was not what God intended us to put in our bodies. Here it is...the light bulb moment. The more a food is processed the easier it is for your body to process into sugar. The less it is processed the harder your body has to work to process it and it turns to energy instead of sugar. It's so simple it's stupid, right?

Look, God gave us the land to live off not a box or a can to eat out of. All that fast food in the stores and restaurants are killing us. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now. :) God bless, Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment